Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Green Washing: The Good Kind

The Huffington Post published Green Washing:  The Good Kind on February 28, 2011 about environmentally friendly cleaning products that work.   The article starts off with this:
Hate germs but love the planet? Fortunately, a growing array of greener cleaning products lines stores' shelves these days. I asked sanitation experts of all ilk to name their favorite planet-preserving solutions, emphasizing that they couldn't be financially tied to their chosen brand. The result is a list that can comfort even the most neurotic germophobe.
 Later in the article they featured the Thieves cleaning products from Young Living Essential Oils.  Take a look at a quote from the article:
YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
BETHANY BUCHANAN owns an eco-conscious nursing home, Grace Homes, in Minnetonka, Minnesota.  Buchanan, a registered nurse, has been a healthcare professional for 16 years, including eight years in hospitals.  She says:
I use Young Living Essential Oils' Thieves Household Cleaner in my care home. I love its warm cinnamon-and-clove scent -- my home never has the bleachy disinfectant smell other facilities have. I also appreciate that it's highly concentrated, so it comes in a smaller bottle that's also recyclable. Some studies I've read show that it kills more than 99% of bacteria and viruses, so I feel confident in it from an infection-control standpoint. It cuts the daily grease and grime effectively and leaves behind a pretty shine on wood surfaces. It contains 100% plant and mineral ingredients, so I don't worry about my staff's lungs being harmed from inhaling fumes.

The improved Thieves® Household Cleaner has increased cleansing power and an even safer, more sustainable formulation. The new formula contains ingredients from renewable plant and mineral sources, vegetable-based surfactants compliant with the Green Seal and EPA Design for Environment (DfE) standards, and even more Thieves and lemon essential oils for extra cleaning power. Bottle is 100% recyclable. Dilution ratios: light degreasing 60:1; medium degreasing 30:1; heavy degreasing 15:1; floors 100:1; walls 30:1; upholstery, fabrics, carpet spotting 40:1; carpet 100:1; glass 320:1; pots and pans; 100:1 hand cleaner 1:1.

If you would like to try Thieves cleaning products for yourself, you can order it through the "product line" tab at my Ancient Paths Naturally:  Young Living site, or you can contact me and we'll get an order started for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa from Ancient Paths:) I am just out blog shopping this evening, looking for blogs that I can enjoy now and then and learn from. I am also an RN who has been at home now for the past 2 years now...Om, time flies! I hope to learn some cool things here:)

    I hope you are enjoying a blessed shabbat.

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Traci ~

    I saw your comment come through my e-mail and must have replied in my mind, it just never made it out of my fingers I guess. *blush*

    I am sure that you will find plenty of interesting things here at my Ancient Paths, Naturally blog. I have been trying to collect short stories and write short blog entries about getting and staying healthy naturally.

    Yes, time flies! I realized the other ay that I haven't worked in a clinic or in a hospital for nearly 13 years now. Wow!

    May you be blessed as you are home with your children. And - may your Sabbaths be blessed also. Thanks! :o)

    Shalom ~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete